Friday, August 15, 2008

Ingles Por Favor

With apologies to my brother who should not read this or restate it in any given way shape of form.

Just a real quick story of interpretation the other day. I made a run with 3 other officers for a fight run, essentially it was not a fight but a disagreement. Basically two african refugees that moved here and lived together in an apartment did not like each others girlfriends. That being said one did not want to let the others girl in the house, because " I not know her, I not trust her." I stated in about as many ways that I could that he could not tell his roommate that his girl was not allowed in the apartment.

Why this is funny is due to the next part. I state "He is allowed to bring in the apartment whoever he wants and you can not stop him. The same way he can not stop you from bringing your girl in." I went on to say that 4 more times, which he replied each time with "I not know her". Finally his girlfriend chimes in and states "Hold on let me speak english for a minute." She turns to her man and states, "He is saying that you can not tell (the roommate) who he can bring in this mother fucker, the same way he can not tell you not to bring me in this mother fucker."

I look at the man who appears to understand the girlfriend and just nods. I then look at the other officers who are laughing at this point. We give up and go to our cars at this point. As we are about to leave they yell from the second story, he is trying to throw me out again. Finally I say, as any parent would, "You go to your room and you go to your room (pointing at each individually) and go to sleep." That was followed by another officer on the megaphone yelling "Go to Bed!!!!"

This story is funny for two reasons. One apparently to understand a statement there has to be some 4 letter word to foreigners. And the second is that parenting has apparently been added to a police officers duties, for not just children but adults as well.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

mother fucker is two 6 letter words